Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pancakes, Eggs, and Alan Alda

Last night I had grand plans for this morning. This morning I traded grand for spectacular. Rather than getting up early to go ride, I slept late (until 7:21!) and then moved directly to the couch where my book was waiting for me. Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda kept me company for an hour or so, until my stomach told me it was time for breakfast. Not in the mood for my usual yogurt and cereal routine, I decided to make pancakes and eggs. Josh woke up to a yummy feast amidst the hopeful stares of three starving puppies. There are certainly worse ways to start a day.

I have been pretty productive in the Christmas department; I think all my shopping is done after Tuesday's stocking stuffer expedition. Today I am hoping to organize the mess of bags and start wrapping, but that is contingent upon Josh being otherwise occupied so that I can separate his gifts from the mix. Hopefully we will finish decorating the house today, too. I am feeling rather in the spirit this year, which is a refreshing change of pace from the last few years of stress and scrooginess. :)

It wouldn't be a day off if I didn't have to do laundry, and our hamper will not dissapoint me today. I am still going to ride, of course; just at a more reasonable hour. We may finally be buying our treadmill this afternoon, which is exciting. I feel motivated to work out, just not outside of the house. Haha.

It is currently snowing, which I am surprisingly okay with. It doesn't seem to be enough to stick, just enough to look pretty through the window. Once it starts to accumulate I will resume grumbling about winter, especially considering we had to postpone buying a snowblower because of Odie's hospital stay last month. Please, mother nature, be gentle this year.

That is all for now. Please enjoy my day off as much as I hope to.

No comments:

Post a Comment