Friday, December 19, 2014

Fruitcake is not as bad as the reputation that precedes it

We have officially entered the final week before Christmas. The decorations are complete; the stockings are hung by the radiator with care; and the inside of our refrigerator looks like a game of tetris gone horribly wrong, chock full of ingredients for baking and cooking. On Saturday I wrapped every gift, save for one package that was still in transit. I am Ready. It feels good. 

Josh and I had yesterday off, so we went to 5 Wits to finally use our groupon. We had done the Espionage mission with Miss Abigail back in May, which left us to conquer 20,000 Leagues. We were the first group of the day, and it was just the two of us. Our guide was awesome, and we had a blast! I highly recommend going there and trying both experiences.

The rest of our day was spent running errands and commencing the week-long project that is Christmas Cleaning. Think Spring Cleaning, but in winter, and with more (cleverly code-named) garland. "Can you hang this Judy from the window, and wrap that Judy around the bannister?" We also ate ice cream last night for the first time in a long time. It was delicious. 

I suppose I should segue back into the real world, where I have things to do before work and an increasingly smaller window in which to do them. Adieu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment