Sunday, December 28, 2014

Gumby and Pokey

It's getting to be that time when I think about the year gone by. It seems like this one passed in the blink of an eye, and yet my whole life has changed (thankfully for the better). I will endeavor to write a full "Year in Review" post later, but for now I am snuggled on the couch with Lucy asleep between my legs and Josh across my lap. The Patriots are giving the last regular season game away on a silver platter to the Bills, so what else to do but blog?

I rode Comic this morning, and Maddy was able to come visit and take pictures. I'm happy to see he looks as good as he feels, and since he has the best brain for a Thoroughbred, we had a bit of fun with some of the shots. It's so nice to once again have a horse to work with on a regular basis, and this one is smart and eager to please. I'm trying to keep things as fun for him as they are for me; no need to drill him into the ground. Yesterday the weather cooperated beautifully and we were able to do some work in the outdoor and on the little trail loop. We even found a bridge to cross, although I did eventually have to hop off and hand walk him over. I am looking forward to some snow rides, and I think we may mix it up and play some games soon to keep him from getting sour.

We are having our annual New Year's Eve pajama party, which seems to have grown exponentially this year. There are usually 6-8 of us; this year we're planning for 18. The next few days will be a blur of cleaning and party prep, but I have New Year's Day off, so who cares? I can relax later. Haha.

I guess that's all for now. I should probably go shower because I am still in my breeches from hours ago. Hey, if tailored sportsmans weren't so comfortable, maybe I wouldn't want to live in them. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment