Saturday, January 11, 2014

This is a commercial post.

I suppose it's not the worst thing in the world to blog so sparingly.  After all, the two people who read this are people I talk to on a daily basis anyway.  However, the whole point of resurrecting this thing was to write more.  I was feeling bad for myself the other day (some work-related crap, nothing major), so I took out a copy of my book and thought, "Hey, I don't suck.  According to my mom, Kinkos, and possibly six other people, I am a published author."  So while I don't do New Year's resolutions, one of my goals for 2014 is to write more.  Really, to learn how to write when my brain's not fucked up, because I've been rather happy lately and it's doing absolutely nothing for my poetry.


So far this year I have been working with Miss Lucy a lot on the ground, utilizing my new rope halter skills I learned from Maddy.  I have always had a good feel for a horse once I am in the saddle, but this girl's in hand work is amazing and I am continuing to learn from her.  Thanks to this newfound quiet Lucy, I have started riding bitless in either the rope halter or the sidepull.  I did not think, when I started riding this mare, that I would be riding her in a halter and lead, or that she would let me rub her face and kiss her ears (!!!!).  Such a proud auntie.  :)


Work is, well, work.  I like my job, I work with some great people, and I am being very proactive in keeping the lines of communication open between myself and the managers.  Just when I think that they do not notice all I do, someone (actually, a few people) step up and have my back.  I really appreciate the gesture.


My dog continues to be the cutest dog on the planet, but his neurotic (lack of) eating habits have led me to mix a few spoonfuls of yogurt into each meal so that he will actually consume the food.  I am not sure if it's my new schedule or the fact that he'd rather eat peanut butter toast (or both), but he needs to get through this phase before we leave for Disney so that I do not spend my whole vacation worried about my little fuzzball.


Okay, I shall now direct my full attention back to the Patriots game.  Does the title make more sense now?  God, I am so clever.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment